St. Louis’ whiskey scene is about to be stirred.
Steve Akley, the owner of The ABV Network, and Jim Fasnacht (ex-manager of Total Wine & More in Brentwood) will open ABV Barrel Shop ( 6 Fox Valley Center), in Arnold on Saturday, July 9.
Ashley says, “The ABV Barrel Shop was created for Bourbon lovers by Bourbon fans.”
Single barrel picks will be the focus of the store, which will include many from Missouri distilleries that are not yet sold here. Customers can also “try before you buy” with classes, tasting experiences, and a tasting bar.
VIP tickets for the pre-grand opening of the store on Friday, July 8th are available. There will be food and the chance to purchase the first selection of single-barrel picks.
On Saturday, July 9, visitors will be able to meet with a variety of whiskey producers, including those listed below, and perhaps surprise guests.
- Royce Neeley Neeley Family Distillery
- David Weglarz, StilL 630
- Jason Fruits, Old55 Distiller
- Gary Hinegardner Wood Hat Spirits
- Adam Stumpf, Stumpy’s Spirits
- Stephanie McNew, ABV Network
- PawPaw Sizemore, Neeley Family Distillery
- Miss Beka Sue, ABV Network
- Pappy G, Pappy G’s Moonshine
- Chrissy Svetz, Samuel Berton Distilling
- Old Man Bay, Old Man Bay signs
The store will host a variety of classes and activities throughout each month.
- Customer Pick (16 July): Choose from three Neeley Whiskey barrels.
- Breakfast & Bourbon (17 July): Pair donuts with bourbon.
- Woodworking & Bourbon 24 July: Find out about barrels, and sample three of our picks.
- Barrel proofing (July 27, 2007): This is an attempt to reduce a single cask-strength barrel to 100 proof, and then to 80 proof.
- Dusty Bourbon Tasting (30 July): Samples bottles your grandfather would probably appreciate.
Registering links can be found on ABV Barrel Shop’s Facebook Page and Eventbrite (under ABV Barrel Shop).